Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “Gifts From the Garden.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I’m sharing a 3D card that I made with the Forever Greenery Suite from Stampin’ Up. I’m using the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper, the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Speciality Paper, the gold hoop embellishments, gold cord, and the peacock/olive reversible ribbon.
The card is made from three “boxes” made from garden green, pretty peacock, and shaded spruce card stock, with little tabs inside to stick all the leaves in place. Also, this card is actually meant to fold up into a somewhat-mailable state:
I don’t know if you can see it because it ended having a lot of flowers kind of in the way, but the front of the card, all folded up, was all cut from a single piece of patterned paper so all the edges on the four sides visible from this closed state all line up.
And then, as the recipient opens the first 3D box, the second part is revealed. That sentiment on the lower left, “Your friendship means the world to me” (from the Free as a Bird stamp set) will actually end up at the bottom of the mid-size box that the gold hoop hangs from, but I wanted it to have a message to see as the card is unfolded.
And then here is the what the whole card looks like once it is completely unfolded:
This card is, once again, using a whole lot of fussy cutting, some of which, I suspect (can anyone confirm for me?) could have been avoided if I actually owned the Forever Flourishing Dies, which I think actually would have cut a bunch of leaves from the patterned paper for me. It took me a couple hours to cut everything I needed.
This uses stamps from a bunch of different sets–Free as a Bird, which I mentioned above, and then on the front of the folded card the “hello” is from Timeless Tropical and the “friend” is from Forever Blossoms, and “The best moments of my life happen with you” is from Daisy Lane, just kind of re-arranged so they fit on the box and then in the hoop:
This uses all of the smaller branch-shaped pieces from one sheet of the gold laser-cut paper. I sponge-daubed the reverse side with old olive, pear pizazz, and pretty peacock ink, because a bunch of those pieces actually get seen from both sides as the card is opened. I really like this color combination–the gold looks just spectacular with all the bluish-green tones, and I’m also loving this patterned paper–I think I used every pattern somewhere on this card!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop, which will be August 12th when our theme is “My Happiest Season.” The Design Team will showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping