Just a quick post today about a decidedly non-quick card to make! I started this card in January when I decided to play around with the Forever Blossoms stamp set and some vellum card stock.
From the beginning, this was a troubled card! I stamped the largest of the stamps in the Forever Blossoms stamp set over and and over in Memento Tuxedo Black onto vellum. Here the Stamparatus was a great help, and because it is vellum you can see exactly where the image is going to be on the paper, which really helped for making the front of the card with the large flower images quite close to each other. Afterwards, I filled in the smaller blank spaces with some of the smaller flower and leaf stamps from the same stamp set.
However, the Memento ink never dried on the vellum! At least, whenever I tried to color in the stamps with alcohol markers, they started running and now I have some black ink on a bunch of my fancy markers. This is why this card, started in January, is only making an appearance on my blog now. I got totally fed up with it and tossed it to the side for a month or two.
But the good thing about vellum is, it’s transparent! It took me an embarrassingly long time for me to realize the implications of this–I could just turn it over and color the other side!!! Which had a clear impression of the stamp, but which the black ink had never touched! Good-bye to all my ink-bleeding problems!
After that, it was fairly simple. I put some of the iridescent green ribbon on one side to add a stylish flair (i.e. because I smudged a bunch of ink coloring and needed to cover it up) and then gathered up some of this petal pink ribbon to make a rosette and stamped the sentiment in matching petal pink ink and put it all together and it was done! But, by the way, those rosettes do not stay on easy. I know some people have fancy adhesive tricks that I so far have failed to master, but I already had a needle and thread out from making the rosette so I just sewed it onto the card.