Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Fussy cutting! Everybody’s favorite papercrafting technique, am I right??
Today I’m sharing another card made using the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Making this card is super simple: first, spend hours and hours fussy cutting birds and flowers from your DSP! (Moderately helpful note: as it turns out, you will probably need way more flowers than birds. Less helpful note: as it turns out, flowers are trickier and more time-consuming to cut than birds!)
About a month ago I was looking to make a non-traditional Valentine’s Day card and I ended up making one with a lot of elements cut out from the DSP and arranged in a heart shape. But actually I was super-indecisive about what birds to use and what colors I wanted, and once I started cutting things I just couldn’t stop (it’s an addiction!) and I actually have a whole pile of cut-out stuff that I finally picked from to make the card.
This meant, naturally, that I had a ton of leftover cut-out birds and flowers (handily sitting in the exquisitely-themed Bird Ballad tin that the laser-cut cards come in) and so I went a little crazy making another card with them. The technique is quite similar; building up the card in this diagonal layout with layers and using dimensionals to pop up some of the birds and flowers.
This card is for Mother’s Day (I feel so ahead of the game for having this done already) but since the sentiment is just this super simple thing I stamped in Pool Party on a scrap of white cardstock and attached to the top corner, you could change it up and use it for any sort of vaguely-bird-related occasion! (Another advantage of the diagonal layout–no fiddling around trying to get all these uncooperative birds into a heart shape like I had to do for the Valentine’s card! Diagonals–in style for every occasion!)
I added a few of the Bird Ballad Trinkets (just the flowers because I thought they fit in the best, and also I used up all the keys making my Cherry Cobbler Key Cards) and that was it! Though, also, I should add, I think this kind of card looks great with a few of the leaves sticking off the edges of the card, but that introduces some complications if you want to send it through the mail.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020