Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools – those Stampin’ Up! tools that we just can’t live without. We hope you enjoy our projects!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
This card was born out of the leftovers for my card for the Pals swap at the 2014 Stampin’ Up Convention. I had a bunch of half-inch-wide Whisper White paper strips that I had trimmed off to make 4″ x 5.25″ pieces for the front of my cards, and since there were like 40 of them I didn’t just want to throw them out.
See how great this card is for the lazy brayer-er! No need for carefully blending colors or putting on the different inks in delicate layers! Just load up the brayer with Crushed Curry ink and roll it on one side, then do the same think with Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo.
This card is just full of mistakes: hard lines, splotches, blank spots when I didn’t get the pieces lined up right when I was brayering. Even the fold is a mess, because I totally misjudged where the fold should go and scored in the wrong place and ended up with a rounded half-circle-y effect from three score lines about 1/8″ apart rather than the traditional crisp professional fold that encourages those who see it to admire and buy bone folders. But whatever! Mistakes add character!
Also, I would like to point out that everything that went wrong with this card is not entirely my fault! The comedy of errors continued after I put it in the mailbox, at which point it apparently was rained upon so vigorously that the ink with which the address was written smeared, and had to be deciphered, and consequently it took over a week for this card to travel about 12 miles to its recipient.
The next stop is Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Amy Williams at Stamp and Spice
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin’ Mojo
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- September Gray at SeptemberGray.com
- Shannon Jaramillo at EZPeasy Cards
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creatons
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Candy Ford at Candy’s Blog
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty