Welcome to the October Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating an early Halloween and Harvest season. This month we are sharing Halloween and fall projects using our wonderful Stampin’ Up! supplies.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
(Again, Amanda? Just how many of your Pals blog hop posts are going to involve a tale of woe and how you had to make the the best of things after your first card attempts didn’t work out as planned?)
Originally I had this whole fall-themed card planned out! Lovely As A Tree! Aqua painters! The whole scene framed by delightfully-aqua-painted-fall-colored leaves!
And then, I thought, maybe I should try actually aqua-painting some delightful fall-colored leaves first.
No, wait, actually, I was foolish and impatient and tediously created a subtle sky-ish background from carefully painting on Pacific Point and Soft Sky ink onto a damp sheet of watercolor paper.
And then I started happily painting leaves on top of it.
What’s that you say? There’s only one leaf on that finished card? Well, that’s because I messed up all of the rest, and then had to cut the card into that weird tall shape to cut out all the bad ones.
I used the outlined leaf from the Autumn Wooden Elements (Holiday catalog, p. 46) as a stencil to get the shape, but the leaf in the Fun Fall Framelits seems to be the exact same size and could work, too.
It’s painted on in Crushed Curry, and then I kind of outlined veins in Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Blackberry Bliss and let them blur out a bit on the wet paper.
And then I dithered about how to turn it into a proper card for a couple days, forgot about it, looked at my calendar and—“Aaaahhh! Blog hop tomorrow!!”–hastily stamped one of the sentiments from the Wetlands stamp set in Blackberry Bliss on a piece of vellum and folded it on, and now I have an actual card-ish type of object!
The next stop is Beth Beard at My little craft blog on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Amy Whelan at Amys Inklings
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Sherrie Gross at Sherrie Gross at Stampin Sherrie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com